Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A weird week

I'm having a bit of a weird week - no change there then! I didn't know gardening was hazardous - I managed to pop something in my back and pinch my finger in the cutters all in the space of an hour on Saturday. I've been stuck at home ever since trying to move about slowly but with a lot of grunting and groaning like an old lady. Anyhow, I had some physio today and it's a bit easier so fingers crossed it'll ease up a bit now and I can get back to work - minus the hot water bottle stuffed down my trousers, lol.  Then my laptop did very weird things and I thought it'd died - black screen, white screen, wouldn't switch on or off.  I unplugged it, took the battery out and let it sulk in the corner overnight.  It seems to be playing nicely again now though so I thought I'd do a blog post while the going's good.

So, stuck on the sofa, I got some beads out and had another play - the pattern is from Beadwork Feb/Mar 11 issue but I adapted the beads and style a bit. It's a modified St Petersburg stitch, which is really simple once you get the hang of it. The finished necklace is about 17" long and drapes quite nicely. The green version was made with 1.3mm cubes and the red one with ordinary #11 seed beads - both work well.








Right, off to walk around for a while - I'm told it's good for me, but it might take me some time to launch myself off the sofa :-)

Edited to add:  the week gets weirder - Blogger ate my pics so I hope they're here now.  Grrrrrr.

Edited again 3rd April - Blogger and Picasa have an "issue" which supposedly is fixed.  IT'S NOT, grrrrr.  You can't upload multiple pics and you can't edit the html code as they suggest, because the code they tell you to edit isn't there.  Anybody else having this problem?  It's driving me insane.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin