Sunday, October 28, 2012

Celebration cake

Yet again time has flown by.  I can't believe it's nearly That Time Of The Year again  (I REFUSE to say it out loud in October).

Anyway, my Mum & Dad have just celebrated their 54th Wedding Anniversary, and with a couple of other family things worth celebrating, I decided to have a go at a cake that was a technical challenge on this year's Great British Bake Off.

So, here goes, this is my first ever attempt at Mary Berry's Frasier Cake.  It tasted gorgeous and was light and fluffy, not at all heavy or stodgy.  Yum :-)  It took a good while to put together, but was well worth the effort if anybody wants to have a go.  I just need to work on my piping skills (and presentation too as I've just noticed the cake tin base and cling film showing.  Ooops).



2 comments:

Lululiz said...

Well flipping heck, that looks absolutely fabulous, I want some!!!

Teresa said...

I'm with Lulu, definitely want some of that cake, it looks so good... Your cakes always look astonishing! Wow! I'm happy when my yoghurt cake doesn't burn ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin