Monday, February 2, 2009

I haven't been idle

I've decided to learn to bead and make jewellery because I can't bear doing nothing, and when I'm in the shop I can't make soap!!

This ring is made from a mixture of Swarovski and Czech crystals as well as seed beads. It was a bit fiddly to make, but it's held up well to doing chores and hand washing.


I've also had a go at a beaded bracelet but I'm a bit stuck now trying to figure out how to construct a clasp. Could be interesting...


Oh, and I've also made about 3 lots of soap. This one is a sort of fresh, ozone smell with a hint of musk.






4 comments:

briallen said...

Nice looking ring JJ.

Have you priced any for the shop yet

Lomond Soap said...

Truly multi talented!
The soap is blue! Not brown ;)

Body Natural Soap said...

wonderful bead work. I recently took a class but have yet to finish a project. I realize that I get way to many things going.

Croap Queen said...

Oh! Thanks all :-) I changed my blog to having "moderated comments" because of a problem and forgot I'd done it.

Elaine - I haven't priced any because I've no idea what to charge for something like that. I remember a girl in Portugal selling similar for about 25 Euros, but I think that's too much. Is it?

Body Natural - I'd love to take a bead class but can't find any locally that I can get to! I have quite a lot of half-finished things lying about. Maybe my resolution should be to actually finish things :-/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin