Saturday, March 8, 2008

How It Started

While in Portugal in 2007, my good friend Isabel got me hooked on handcrafted soap. She was making melt & pour soaps and I spent a fair amount of time "playing" in her kitchen. My curiosity got the better of me and I started to research making cold and hot process soaps.

I then found a new forum
http://www.fresholi.co.uk/ and spent a fair bit of time being a wimp and gawping in awe at the beautiful products being made by the very talented, and knowledgeable bunch of members. After I'd picked their brains, and moaned and whinged for several months, I finally took the bull by the horns and had a go.

What a disaster, but hey, I'd made soap (well sort of). So, the word "croap" was born - cr*p soap - and I've since been promoted on the forum to Croap Queen. Without the encouragement and help from my fellow Fresholettes, I would never had had the courage to have a go. So, ladies (and you know who you are) a big thank you, and I apologise for the monster in me which has been unleashed in the world of handcrafted soap.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Ha ha found you. You can't hide that crown here you know coz we know where you are. LOL

briallen said...

Attagirl JJ!

Don't be put off by comments from others!

Helen said...

CQ - Life has never been so light and cheery since (virtually) meeting you :o) Your croaps, all those wonderful poems not to mention a whole other language brings a special big something into my little world.

Look forward to watching this blog grow!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin