Monday, March 31, 2008

First Ever Goat's Milk Soap


I had an itch to make goat's milk soap and had to give in & scratch it today. I managed to get away with it not curdling or seizing, no smell of burnt milk and finally managed to get the right trace to have a go again at swirling. I need to learn not to faff once I'm reasonably happy with the swirls/contrast colours or I'll end up just mixing the swirl colour into the base completely.

I remembered to take a pic before it morphs into some kind of monster and then stuck it in the freezer for a couple of hours. At the moment, there are some nasty cracks forming so it's now sitting in the fridge to see what happens. Hmmmm.....

5 comments:

Lomond Soap said...

Looks really yummy Jo. How is it today? I really must do a GM soap one day.
More power to your stirring elbow!!

Croap Queen said...

Well, it's come out of it's mould in one piece but is way too soft to think about cutting. I need to ask for advice on that one I think!

I have to admit it wasn't as scary using GM as I thought it'd be :0)

Lomond Soap said...

I'd leave it to sit for a day or 2. The soaps I didn't gel were soft too. They will harden, give them time :)

Joanna Schmidt said...

more pictures!

Croap Queen said...

This one definitely needs to be left for a while to harden up before I even attempt to cut it. (Not that cutting is my strong point - can't cut in a straight line to save my life). The colour has faded quite alot but I expected that. I'll take more pics when I've cut it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin